The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST in Dyess AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MANAGEMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST – Dyess AFB, Texas
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 189536Start Date: 01/07/2020End Date: 01/13/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience for GS-09 level positions which includes at least 52 weeks of specialized experience at the lower grade, GS-07 level or equivalent. Examples of specialized experience includes: Possessing in-depth knowledge of military personnel policies, procedures, rules, guidelines, instructions to understand respective programs and discuss findings with functional managers. Having knowledge of the mission and unit, established management principles, techniques of analysis and evaluation to identify and recommend solutions to problems in organizational structure, staffing, administrative procedures, work processes or workload distribution. Having skill in applying the facts, investigative techniques and ability to analyze data/products to determine adequacy of programs and/or deficiencies thereof. Understanding of the civilian personnel guidelines and master labor agreement in sufficient detail to collaborate with specialists from the servicing Civilian Personnel Office (CPO) and/or officials from employee bargaining unit is required to address staffing problems. OR EDUCATION: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related. This education must be directly related to the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF BOTH EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirement is at least 100%. This education must be directly related to the work of this position. NOTE: You must submit transcripts. FEDERALTIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-07 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. In-depth knowledge of administrative and military personnel policies, procedures, Reserve mission, training methods and programs, rules, guidelines, and instructions. In-depth knowledge of the automated systems, personal computers, hardware, and software. Ability to analyze data/products.
2. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and staff of an organization; communicate effectively with diverse groups of individuals, both orally and in writing.
3. Knowledge of analytical and investigative techniques to measure the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity.
4. Knowledge of management principles within both the civilian and military personnel systems, and the ability to integrate the civilian and military personnel aspects in order to successfully accomplish the organization’s mission.
5. Knowledge of administrative processes and procedures. Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
6. Knowledge of training goals and objectives to assist in the management and implementation of training goals for the CSS personnel. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. This is an Air Reserve Technician (ART) position. ARTs are eligible for 15 days active duty tour each year for which military leave is granted with full civilian pay. Air Reserve units and members; are subject to immediate call to active duty in mobilization to meet a national emergency. For additional information regarding ART positions and/or military qualifications, please call 1-800-257-1212. Retired military are usually ineligible for membership in the AF Reserve. Retired military that have active AF Reserve assignments may apply provided they show assignment (position) on the application. A military service member’s statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member’s separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave. Individuals selected for ART positions must meet both civilian qualifications and uniformed military requirements. In addition to meeting civilian qualifications, applicants must obtain military membership in the Air Force Reserve, wear the uniform, maintain job-specific military specialty requirements, and meet other military qualifications such as age, height, weight, and physical fitness standards. For more information click here and speak with an Air Force Reserve Recruiter.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!