The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN) in Ramstein, Germany Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN) – Ramstein, Germany
U.S. Air Forces, Europe, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 191075Start Date: 01/09/2020End Date: 01/15/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management () Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Qualification Standard for Group Coverage Qualifications Standards for Information Technology Management (Alt A) Positions; IT Management Series for GS-2210. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of systems integration methods, performance tuning methods, test and evaluation methods and procedures, IT security principles and methods, and project management principles and methods sufficient to plan and coordinate the installation of new products or equipment. AND IT-related experience which demonstrates the (four) required competencies – Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-111 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of IT concepts, functions, techniques, and capabilities to evaluate new and emerging IT security methods and principles, the feasibility of proposed new systems and applications software projects; design, write, test, debug, and maintain information systems and applications software and ensure successful integration with existing and anticipated infrastructure in the database environment.
2. Knowledge of Unix and Windows operating environments to isolate causes of problems between hardware, system, and applications software programs and measure system performance and/or extend operating system capabilities.
3. Knowledge of database management functions sufficient to install, configure and troubleshoot performance; optimize the functionality and performance of systems and to ensure the availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of servers.
4. Ability to apply methods and practices for troubleshooting, recovering, and improving systems, solve complex problems, provide support that minimizes interruptions in service to customers, and maintain liaison with PMO and other sites to provide awareness of state-of-the-art technology.
5. Ability to communicate orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!