The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) in Buckley AFB, Colorado Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MILITARY) – Buckley AFB, Colorado
Headquarters, Air Force Space Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 186233Start Date: 12/31/2019End Date: 01/07/2020
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions Clerical and Administrative Support Positions for the GS-0203, Human Resources Assistance Series. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-04, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge and skill in applying an extensive body of military personnel rules, regulations, procedures, and precedents relating to military programs and resolving procedural and personnel problems. OR
EDUCATION: Four years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of, and the ability to apply an extensive body of military laws, HR rules, procedures, and policies that pertain to entitlements and benefits.
2. Knowledge of general military HR system of record and office administrative and clerical procedures to include automated systems in the office automation hardware, software and peripherals.
3. Knowledge of DEERS/RAPIDS programs for ARC sponsors and eligible family members.
4. Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and short suspenses.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing and to maintain effective working relationships.
6. Ability to select the law, regulation, procedure or precedent that applies to specific cases. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!