The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (SYSANALYSIS/NETWORK) in Andrews AFB, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (SYSANALYSIS/NETWORK) – Andrews AFB, Maryland
Air Force District of Washington, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 182898Start Date: 12/20/2019End Date: 12/30/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, OPM Qualification Standard for Group Coverage Qualifications Standards for Information Technology Management (Alt A) Positions; IT Management Series for GS-2210. For more information please click here. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes a broad range of IT principles, methods, advancements, policies, systems concepts and analysis, design, development, testing and applications to include hardware and software. AND IT-related experience which demonstrates the (four) required competencies – Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of IT principles and systems analysis and network services concepts and techniques, new and emerging information technologies, and security methods and principles.
2. Knowledge of customers’ business processes and operations to anticipate and refine functional requirements.
3. Knowledge of concepts and principles of sequencing actions, procurement techniques and requirements, and coordination requirements involved in project controls.
4. Knowledge of design tools, methods, and techniques as well as life cycle management concepts, cost benefit analysis, system architecture, integration techniques, and testing methods. Knowledge of customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to analyze requirements, develop acquisition strategies, and implement systems enhancements.
5. Ability to maintain an up-to-date awareness of technological advances, to apply internet technologies to analyze networks and the related security aspects, and predict how management can meet future requirements.
6. Knowledge of personnel management policies, practices, and procedures, including the ability to adjust work
operations to meet emergencies; the ability to change program requirements within available resources and with minimum
sacrifice of quantity or quality of work; and the ability to establish program objectives or performance goals and assess
progress toward their achievement. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!