The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a Computer Engineer/Electronic Engineer/Computer Scientist in Kirtland AFB, New Mexico Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Computer Engineer/Electronic Engineer/Computer Scientist – Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 182446Start Date: 12/19/2019End Date: 01/06/2020
This is a GG-13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-13 duties for the “Training/Administrative Support” work category are at the “Entry/Developmental” work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-13 level. The selectee’s salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee’s qualifications in relation to the job. BASIC REQUIREMENTS: 0854 COMPUTER ENGINEER and 0855 Electronics Engineer Successfully completed a professional engineering degree: The curriculum must be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum or include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. OR
Combination of education and experience that is college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying professional engineering; and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. BASIC REQUIREMENTS: 1550 COMPUTER SCIENTIST
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a bachelor’s degree with 30 semester hours in a combination of mathematics, statistics, and computer science. At least 15 of the 30 semester hours must have included any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions.
Courses designed to provide an introduction to computer science techniques and methodologies, to problems of system design, and to other specialized fields are acceptable. Courses or experience in teaching elementary business, or shop mathematics are not acceptable. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: This position has a positive education requirement. If transcripts are not provided, your resume MUST list the appropriate academic field (e.g. biology, mechanical engineering, economics, sociology, etc.) and all courses you have taken (including those failed), which appear to satisfy the qualification requirements of the position for which you are applying. List graduate and undergraduate courses separately. Include the descriptive title and course code, completion date, grade, number of semester, quarter or classroom hours (for education completed at business, secretarial, technical school or military schools) and graduate and undergraduate classes. **As of 1 Sep 2016, current internal AF employees must attach their transcripts. Failure to do so will result in not being referred for the position. NOTE: IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS ABOVE, APPLICANT MUST ALSO MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE
Your resume must reflect quality level experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Quality experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of creditable experience include: professional knowledge and mastery of a broad range of engineering, mathematics, statistical analysis, modeling/simulation, and/or other scientific concepts, principles, standards, methods, techniques, practices, and procedures. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency. Please click on the following links to view individual occupational requirements:
http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1500/computer-science-series-1550/ KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional engineering concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, materials, and equipment to effectively apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts to project development, execution, and advisory services.
2. Knowledge of development engineering methodologies sufficiently to apply experimental theories and/or new applications to issues and provide technical advice and direction in support of weapon systems, subsystems, and/or support equipment.
3. Knowledge of systems engineering practices and procedures as they pertain to sustainment, modification, logistics, and production management principles, concepts, policies, and systems.
4. Knowledge of the principle of planning and program management; of standard acquisition regulations, practices, and procedures; and of other engineering disciplines used in support of sustainment, modification, and maintenance programs.
5. Ability to devise and evaluate criteria, parameters, characteristics, and interrelationships for design approaches; to assess the impact of new technology on current systems and processes; and to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, form conclusions, and devise and recommend solutions to problems. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy, both orally and in writing, as well as work in a professional manner with peers, management, contractors, academia, and other agencies.
6. Knowledge of security management and acquisition procedures to include knowledge of applicable statues, executive branch, and DoD policy as well as knowledge of security procedures to maintain control of classified material. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!