The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PRACTICAL NURSE in Davis Monthan AFB, Arizona Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PRACTICAL NURSE – Davis Monthan AFB, Arizona
Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 172811Start Date: 12/02/2019End Date: 12/13/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the basic requirements and specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions +IOR for the GS-0620 Series. Basic Requirements
Applicants must be currently licensed to practice as practical or vocational nurses in a State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia or must have applied for a license to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must be accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license, a notarized statement attesting to the fact, or a citation of the license number and State issuing it. Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish the date on which they applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved. No person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the probationary period if licensure has not been attained. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your license. AND
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-04, or equivalent in other pay systems. Experience includes nursing care in a hospital, outpatient clinic, nursing home or other supervised medical, nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and procedures, performing such duties as: providing pre-and post-operative patient care; observing, recording, and reporting changes in behavior of mentally ill patients; providing reassurance and encouragement to mentally ill patients, assisting surgeons and registered nurses in operating room activities, including passing instruments, maintaining sterile conditions, and draping and positioning patients; setting and operating special medical equipment and apparatus. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of standard nursing care principles, procedures, and practices
2. Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their expected beneficial effects, and potential side effects
3. Knowledge of emergency medical procedures
4. Knowledge of human anatomy and medical terminology
5. Knowledge of the organizational and functional responsibilities and operations of the employing organization
6. Knowledge of internal organization of and documenting patients’ medical records
7. Skill in coding medical procedures, using ICD-9, Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), and Evaluation and Management (E&M)
8. Skill in administering emergency medical care
9. Ability to make decisions regarding patient care
10. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
11. Ability to perform infection control procedures and practice universal precautions.
12. Ability to input data, access or locate information through the use of a personal computer or terminal, utilizing MTF-unique software programs (e.g., CHCS, ADS, etc.).
13. Ability to perform receptionist duties PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!