Today’s second post is Top 20 Punjabi Songs – December 7, 2019. The top song this week is Gediyaan… by Sharry Maan. I don’t understand one thing pertaining to Generations X and Y. There is nothing called commitment. If you are in a relationship, you need to develop it, in a positive manner. The hero of this song is still in love with his girlfriend after she had broken up with him. Due to peer pressure, he drinks and has fun with several other girls.
Do men have to resort to alcohol during tough circumstances? Where does their supposed macho strength go at these times? Why does the new generation have to be ready to shift partners at the drop of a hat? And this is an excuse to show the hero dancing with half-naked women in the video. I really hate this objectification of women.
I did not like the video. So, I won’t say anything about how good the hero performed Bhangra steps in it. That’s it!
Top 20 Punjabi Songs – December 7, 2019
The numbers in brackets show the position of the particular song in the last week’s hit-list.
- Gediyaan… Sharry Maan
- Glouk… Mankirt Aulakh
- Chitta kurta… Karan Aujla/Gurlez Akhtar
- Khatarnaak… Gippy Grewal/Bohemia
- Dance like Hardy Sandhu
- Reela wala deck… R Nait/Labh Heera. (First)
- Black… Guru Randhawa. (Second)
- We don’t call 911… Sippy Gill. (Third)
- Shadow… Singga. (Fourth)
- Khauf… Singga/Harvir Gill. (Fifth)
- Combination… Amrit Maan. (Sixth)
- Bulgari… Kulwinder Billa/Shipra Goyal. (Seventh)
- Mitraa… Ammy Virk. (Eighth)
- Nanak aadh jugaadh jiyo… Diljit Dosanjh. (Ninth)
- Filhall… B Praak. (Tenth)
- Jazbaat 2… Amantej Hundal. (Eleventh)
- Aukaat… Deep Jhandu/Karan Aujla. (Twelfth)
- Panjeba… Jasmine Sandlas. (Thirteenth)
- Khaas bande… Gagan Kokhri/Bohemia. (Fourteenth)
- Lit impression… Gurj Sidhu. (Fifteenth)
Keep a lookout for different artists’ interviews on our YouTube Channel.
For sharing updates on new music releases, contact Gayatri Rao at Gayatri.email@example.com.