The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PROGRAM ANALYST in Randolph AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PROGRAM ANALYST – Randolph AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 171006Start Date: 11/27/2019End Date: 12/05/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, for the GS-0343, Management and Program Analysis Series. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes planning, Programming and Budgeting policies, procedures, processes and schedules. Analytical and evaluative methods and techniques, in assessing and validating program resource requirements, and in applying them. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-12 grade/level or equivalent position in the federal service. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Expert knowledge in the application of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of AF 19 AF.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of the range of administrative laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the administration of agency program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key program events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the worth of program accomplishments. Knowledge of DoD/Air Force planning requirements; analysis models and techniques; and Planning, Programming, and Budgeting System (PPBS).
3. Knowledge of acquisition and contracting processes such as program management principles; writing Statements of Work (SOW), Statements of Objectives (SOO), and Performance Work Statements (PWS); ordering contractor data; performing technical evaluations of contractor proposals; and evaluating contractor performance.
4. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems concerning efficiency and effectiveness of program operations to devise organizational structuring options for complex, diverse organizations and to measure and improve program effectiveness and/or organizational productivity.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and lead others in studies or projects and to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources, and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to gain cooperation from others through tact, courtesy, and diplomacy. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!