The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a FREIGHT RATE SPECIALIST in Elmendorf AFB, Alaska Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
FREIGHT RATE SPECIALIST – Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 167788Start Date: 11/13/2019End Date: 12/04/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Standards for General Schedule Clerical and Administrative Support, Freight Rate Series, 2131. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-06, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes thorough knowledge of DoD and Air Force Regulations, Dangerous/Hazardous Article Tariffs, and International Air Transportation Association Publications, policies and instructions, and publications relating to the movement of freight in order to affect shipment of various commodities and resolve frequent problems. Thorough knowledge of tariff rates and related and regulatory guidance for the movement and routing of all types of freight. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-06 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-07 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of standards, route orders, and classification rating guides.
2. Knowledge of a wide range of commercial tariffs and tenders to properly rate freight shipments.
3. Knowledge of transportation regulations, methods, and techniques relating to the movement of freight in order to affect shipment of commodities.
4. Knowledge of a wide variety of freight.
5. Ability to interpret and apply instructions.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!