The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Army. The opening is for an Attorney-Advisor (General) in Moffett Field, California Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Attorney-Advisor (General) – Moffett Field, California
U.S. Army Reserve Command, Department of the Army
Job ID: 167771Start Date: 11/27/2019End Date: 12/26/2019
Who May Apply: US Citizens Applicants will be evaluated to determine if they meet the minimum qualification requirements and on the extent to which their application shows possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) associated with the position. KSAs: 1. Ability to analyze and provide advice on many broad issues arising under general administrative installation Law, which includes the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts, investigations, and gifts to the Army, and other legal issues which affect Installation management and operation.
2. Ability to analyze, provide advice, and represent the agency on labor & employment matters.
3. Ability to conduct all phases of labor and employment litigation.
4. Ability to provide advice on ethics/standard of conduct issues and fiscal law, which includes the use of appropriated funds and representation funding.
5. Skill and experience with providing advice and oversight in regard to subordinate organizations.
6. Skill and experience with providing advice and counsel to senior leaders. VETERANS PREFERENCE INFORMATION: There is no formal rating system for applying veteran’s preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of the Army considers veteran’s preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veteran’s preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active duty) to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed. (SF 15, which lists the types of 10-point preference and the required supporting documents, is available from the Office of Personnel Management Website at http://www.opm.gov/.) TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENTS: If currently employed as an attorney by the Federal Government you must have completed 1 year at the next lower grade level within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement, or previously served at the same or higher grade as the position being filled.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!