The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a General Caregiver Program Coordinator-Social Worker in Grand Junction, Colorado Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
General Caregiver Program Coordinator-Social Worker – Grand Junction, Colorado
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 164727Start Date: 11/13/2019End Date: 12/04/2019
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 12/04/2019.
Basic Requirements: Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United States. Education: Must have a master’s degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the School of Social Work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master’s degree in social work. Verification of the degree can be made by going to http://www.cswe.org/ (http://www.cswe.org/) Accreditation to verify that the social work degree meets the accreditation standards for a masters of social work. Licensure: Must be licensed or certified by a state to independently practice social work at the master’s degree level. English Language Proficiency: Social workers must be proficient in spoken and written English. Grade Determinations: In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the following criteria must be met when determining the grade of the candidate: GS-12 Social Worker (Program Coordinator): Experience/Education. One year of experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level. Experience must demonstrate possession of advanced practice skills and judgment, demonstrating progressively more professional competency. Candidate may have certification or other post-master’s degree training from a nationally recognized professional organization or university that includes a defined curriculum/course of study and internship, or equivalent supervised
professional experience. Licensure/Certification. Individuals assigned as social worker program coordinator must be licensed or certified at the advanced practice level, and must be able to provide supervision for licensure. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the KSAs below. Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of program coordination and administration which includes consultation, negotiation, and monitoring,
2. Knowledge and ability to write policies, procedures, and/or practice guidelines for the program.
3. Ability to supervise multidisciplinary staff assigned to the program.
4. Skill in organizing work, setting priorities, meeting multiple deadlines, and evaluating assigned program area(s).
5. Ability to provide training, orientation, and guidance within clinical practice. References : VA Handbook, 5005, Part II, Appendix G39, Social Worker Qualification Standard. Social Worker Physical Requirements: Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.They must have good manual dexterity, must be able to express or exchange ideals by means of spoken and written word. Must be able to view and read information on computer screens.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!