The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST in Maxwell AFB, Alabama Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
INSTRUCTIONAL SYSTEMS SPECIALIST – Maxwell AFB, Alabama
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 160769Start Date: 10/29/2019End Date: 11/19/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Professional and Scientific Positions + IOR for the GS-1750, Instructional Systems Series Basic Requirement for GS-1750-12: A Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must include study in at least four of the following five areas: (1) Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology; (2) Instructional design practices (3) Educational evaluation (4) Instructional product development OR (5) Computers in education and training. Some positions in this series may specialize in one or two functional areas, where more specific academic preparation may be necessary. For such positions, agencies may require course work in the applicable functional area(s) as part of the above-required 24 semester hours. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience for GS-1750-12 which includes ensuring compliance with Instructional Systems regulatory requirements and governing directives; experience in completing Instructional Systems duties and responsibilities described with the position; initiating and responding to telephone/e-mail inquire when there are questions regarding instructional policy. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-11 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of training administration, policies, and procedures.
2. Knowledge of learning theory and the principles, practices, and techniques of instruction.
3. Knowledge of instructional design and materials development.
4. Knowledge of the principles and techniques required to develop and to design instructional programs.
5. Skill to communicate orally.
6. Skill to communicate in writing.
7. Ability to analyze, evaluate, and accomplish special training projects and studies.
8. Ability to establish program objectives and to assess progress toward their achievement.
9. Ability to analyze problems and to develop timely and economical solutions. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!