The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST in Keesler AFB, Mississippi Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST – Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 159832Start Date: 11/05/2019End Date: 11/11/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-0391-09, Telecommunication Series. For further information click here. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with a particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA’s) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically related in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-07 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal Service. Examples of creditable specialized experience includes experience in evaluating, analyzing, developing, managing, or improving communications systems, procedures, and requirements that demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in communications concepts and technology; weighing the impact of variables such as cost, variations in electronic and other equipment characteristics, equipment availability, and the kinds of communications required such as voice, data or video. OR
EDUCATION: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D., if related. Major study — electrical or electronic engineering, mathematics, physics, public utilities, statistics, computer science, telecommunications management, information systems management, business administration, industrial management, or other fields related to the position to be filled. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application. OR
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A combination of education and experience may be used. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Practical knowledge of telecommunications theories, concepts, principles, practices, procedures, policies, standards, and operational requirements.
2. Knowledge of operational and performance characteristics of telecommunications equipment, systems, services, and transmission media to inspect, repair, and maintain IAW operational requirements.
3. Knowledge of safety and occupational health practices as they relate to electronic technician performance requirements.
4. Knowledge of basic electronics theory and operating principles, the application of existing and planned technology to communications requirements, and equipment interoperability and compatibility.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to identify, direct, or coordinate actions required in providing needed service.
6. Ability to analyze/apply specialized communication methods and analytical techniques involving telecommunication systems (e.g., systems compatibility, circuits, switches, distribution, satellite linkages, and networking) and troubleshoot analog and digital multiplexing equipment. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!