The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for an Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Compensation and Pension) in Huntington, West Virginia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Advanced Medical Support Assistant (Compensation and Pension) – Huntington, West Virginia
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 154554Start Date: 10/24/2019End Date: 11/14/2019
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 11/14/2019. Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Experience: This position is being announced above the full-performance level, requires one year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-5) and the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs: English Language Proficiency: Must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, Pt II, Chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j. GRADE REQUIREMENTS a. Creditable Experience
(1)Knowledge of Current MSA Practices: To be creditable, the experience must have demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) associated with current MSA responsibilities. Experience satisfying this requirement may be paid/non-paid employment as a MSA.
(2) Quality of Experience: Qualifying experience must be at a level comparable to MSA experience at the next lower grade level. For all assignments above the full performance level, the higher level duties must consist of significant scope, administrative independence, complexity (difficulty) and range of variety as described in this standard at the specified grade level and be performed by the incumbent at least 25% of the time.
(3) Part-Time Experience: Part-time experience as a MSA is creditable according to its relationship to the full-time workweek. For example, a MSA employed 20 hours a week, or on a 1/2-time basis, would receive 1 full-time workweek of credit for each 2 weeks of service. Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met when determining the grade of candidates.
GS-6 Advanced MSA Experience: One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level.
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities. Candidates must demonstrate the below listed KSAs: 1. Ability to collaborate and communicate, with a wide range of medical clinicians across multiple disciplines (e.g. medical doctors, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, clinical pharmacists, and nursing staff, to accomplish team goal setting to ensure medical care to patients is met.
2. Ability to independently set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies, and regulations.
3. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively (electronically, by phone, in person, and in writing). This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels, as well as resolving patient concerns.
4. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process, as it relates to access to care.
5. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with interdisciplinary coordinated care delivery and/or care in the community operational activities that affect patient flow, and patient support care.
6. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians. IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G45, MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT QUALIFICATION STANDARD, dated August 1, 2019. Physical Requirements: Light lifting, under 15 pounds; light carrying, under 15 pounds; use of fingers, must be able to read computer screen; hearing (aid permitted). The work is performed behind a desk or counter in a general office setting, mostly sedentary, requiring standing, some walking and carrying of light items, such as medical records, papers and log books. Some physical stress may be realized from concentration at the computer terminal and workload. The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-6.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!