The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PERSONNEL LIAISON SPECIALIST in Hill AFB, Utah Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PERSONNEL LIAISON SPECIALIST – Hill AFB, Utah
Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 162094Start Date: 10/15/2019End Date: 10/21/2019
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes Performing affirmative employment advisory services by identifying under-represented skills in the workforce, and determining how they can be addressed in the recruitment actions, or regulatory changes. Providing management and/or Commanders with various vacancy reports and statistics to include identifying dollar amounts for filling vacant positions. Analyzing Unit Manning Document and preparing manpower reports. Conducting studies of a limited scope to identify, analyze, and recommend valid solutions to problems in the organization structure and/or workforce utilization. OR
EDUCATION: I have successfully completed a Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M. in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your official transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: I have less than the full amount of specialized experience required but I have more than 2 years of graduate level education with a major or subject area related to the position to be filled. Therefore, I have a combination of experience and education. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your official transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents which affect the use of program and related support resources pertaining to personnel management, and a practical understanding of position management, special recruiting authorities, strategies, incentives, organizational design and position classification.
2. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of civilian personnel program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions.
3. Knowledge of civilian personnel management policies, processes, and techniques sufficient to advise management and employees regarding rules, procedures, obligations, and entitlements.
4. Skill in conducting detailed analyses of complex civilian personnel functions and work processes.
5. Ability to develop new or modified organizational work methods, processes, and/or procedures to improve organizational efficiency/productivity.
6. Ability to establish effective working relationships and to communicate with tact, creativity, and resourcefulness, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!