The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PASSENGER AND BAGGAGE PROCESSOR (MVO/FLO) in Hickam AFB, Hawaii Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PASSENGER AND BAGGAGE PROCESSOR (MVO/FLO) – Hickam AFB, Hawaii
Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 157282Start Date: 10/09/2019End Date: 10/15/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-5700 Transportation/Mobile Equipment Operation Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision. JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Working knowledge of a wide range of principles, processes and techniques relating to Passenger Services and Fleet Operations.
2. Knowledge of traffic and safety regulations, practices, and procedures pertaining to motor vehicle and fork lift operation to judge road/traffic conditions and read installations maps.
3. Knowledge of cargo/baggage handling and hauling, and techniques for safeguarding and protecting cargo/baggage.
4. Skill in performing the trade and or labor work of the group being led. Ability to interpret and communicate technical orders and other published guidance; follow checklists and apply safety regulations, practices and procedures related to motor vehicle, fork lift, and power take-off unit operation and preventive maintenance.
5. Ability to lead a team of three or more labor or trade employees.
6. Ability to plan and organize work assignments to include determining resources required to accomplish mission. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!