The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Defense. The opening is for an Instructional Systems Specialist (Non DoD Schools Program) in Multiple Locations Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Instructional Systems Specialist (Non DoD Schools Program) – Multiple Locations
Department of Defense Education Activity, Department of Defense
Job ID: 145655Start Date: 09/11/2019End Date: 09/24/2019
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities. Current Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Civilian EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service Department of Defense EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service EmployeeCurrent Permanent Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian EmployeeExcepted Service Overseas Family Member AppointmentFamily Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas EmploymentMilitary Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas EmploymentNon-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Basic Requirement: I have a Master’s degree (or higher degree) in the field of education. The undergraduate/graduate course work must have included study in at least 3 of the following 5 areas:
(1) Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material;
(2) Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness;
(3) Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments;
(4) Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training; OR
(5) Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training. In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Specialized Experience: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at 5 years of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. 5 years of specialized experience is experience gained in teaching, educational research, development of educational materials and aids, educational testing, educational administration, or comparable activities in an elementary and/or secondary school, which clearly demonstrates success in the application of principles, methods, and techniques of education, and familiarity with current developments in PreK- 12th grade education and training. The ISS (NDSP Education Specialist) position requires a minimum of 2 years of special education experience beyond the classroom setting (school-wide case management, network, district or state level special education program experience). Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted. PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION/LICENSE REQUIREMENT:
Applicants must be currently certified or certifiable under the current DoDEA standards as a Teacher, Severely Learning Impaired/Multiple Disabilities (categories 0416, 0417 or 0418); Teacher, Physically Impaired (category 0419); Teacher, Mildly to Moderately Learning Impaired (categories 0420, 0421 or 0422); Teacher,Moderately to Severely Learning Impaired (categories 0423, 0424 or 0425); Teacher, Emotionally Impaired (categories 0426, 0427 or 0428); Teacher, Preschool Children with Disabilities (category 0429); Teacher, Hearing Impaired (category 0470); Teacher, Visually Impaired (category 0471); or Teacher, Speech/Language Pathology (category 0472). You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Knowledge ManagementOral CommunicationPartneringProblem SolvingWritten Communication
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!