The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST in Peterson AFB, Colorado Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST – Peterson AFB, Colorado
Headquarters, Air Force Space Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 145288Start Date: 09/10/2019End Date: 09/16/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-0391-12, Telecommunications Series. For more information click here. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with a particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA’s) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically related in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-11 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal Service. Examples of creditable specialized experience includes evaluating, analyzing, developing, managing, or improving Communications systems, procedures, and requirements that demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in communications concepts and technology. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of SATCOM theories, concepts and principles, and practices, procedures, policies, standards, operational requirements; and of operational and performance characteristics of SATCOM to develop procedures/policies/practices for command, component, subordinate and mission-partner use.
2. Knowledge of performance characteristics SATCOM equipment, systems, services, and transmission media to evaluate new devices, proposals, and approaches.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to identify, direct, or coordinate actions required in providing needed service and to research patterns to develop new methods, criteria, or proposed new SATCOM policies and procedures.
4. Ability to analyze a variety of unusual SATCOM conditions, problems, questions, or conditions associated with formulating projects or studies to substantially alter major SATCOM systems (i.e., system compatibility, circuits, switches, distribution, satellite linkages, and networking).
5. Knowledge of SATCOM planning and execution tools and ability to apply it to Annex K and orders development, satellite database requirements, satellite and Gateway access and services.
6. Knowledge of the joint C4 planning, development, execution and evaluation of operations to satellite communications. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!