The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OFFICE AUTOMATION) in Andersen Air Base, Guam Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OFFICE AUTOMATION) – Andersen Air Base, Guam
Pacific Air Forces, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 145470Start Date: 09/11/2019End Date: 09/17/2019
This is a TERM position. QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the general experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Adminstrative and Management Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-0679, Medical Records Adminstrative Series. GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of general experience. General experience that includes progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work tha indicates my ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled, such as, knowledge of general office administrative and clerical procedures. Ability to organize and research patient records. Ablity to learn the facility’s functions, rules, and procedures. OR EDUCATION: Have successfullu completed two years of education above high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. Note: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. OR COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: A combinaiton of experience as described in the job opportunity announcement and education. Therefore, I have a combination of experience and education. Note: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of general office administrative and clerical procedures to perform receptionist duties, answer telephone, distribute mail, maintain office files/forms, and order supplies; and correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written documents and reports.
2. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
3. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
4. Ability to learn the facility’s functions, rules, and procedures sufficient to receive patients/visitors or telephone calls, determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, relay general instructions to patients, make referrals to other units, and obtain, update, and file needed medical records; and to learn medical terminology used by the facility.
5. Ability to organize and research patient records, extract needed information, and review records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!