The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) in Ramstein, Germany Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
IT SPECIALIST (PLCYPLN) – Ramstein, Germany
U.S. Air Forces, Europe, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 144754Start Date: 09/06/2019End Date: 09/16/2019
OPM Qualification Standards: Information Technology (IT) Management Series, 2210 (Alternative A) Click here to view the Qualification Standards SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-12) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector that includes using advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards, and practices sufficient to accomplish assignments such as developing and interpreting policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of services throughout the agency; providing expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues; applying new developments to previously unsolvable problems; making decisions or recommendations that significantly influence important IT policies or programs; applying policy and planning practices while working with other departments to establish priorities for IT investments; building business cases, demonstrating total cost of investment; and establishing metrics and associated performance measurement tools. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of a wide variety of specialized telecommunications operating techniques, digital communications requirements, C&I techniques, and local and wide area networking capabilities used to accomplish work processes through the use of telecommunications devices, methods, services and facilities. Also has detailed knowledge of transmission media including fiber optics, coaxial, copper and Wide Area Network technologies, This includes but is not limited to: a. Network operating systems b. Email systems c. Standard network services d. Remedy held desk software e. Backup systems and recovery procedures f. TCP/IP protocols g. Microsoft Systems Management Server h. Active Directory i. Boundary Protection
2. Detailed knowledge and skill in the application of DoD, AF and Command principles, concepts, directives, methodologies, procedures, guidance and policy.
3. Comprehensive knowledge and skill to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, devise solutions to problems and identify changes and trends.
4. Exceptional skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration and resolution issues or problems concerning efficiency and effectiveness of network operations.
5. Skill in conducting interviews with functional personnel to obtain information about organizational requirements, functions, and work procedures to accurately evaluate user requirements.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to gain cooperation from others through tact, courtesy and diplomacy. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!