The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a HEALTH SYSTEM SPECIALIST in Laughlin AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
HEALTH SYSTEM SPECIALIST – Laughlin AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 135037Start Date: 08/12/2019End Date: 08/23/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions +IOR for GS-0671 Series. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes progressively responsible analytical or administrative, or clinical management or supervisory experience in the health care field. This work may have been performed in an operating health care facility or a higher organizational echelon with advisory or directional authority over such facilities. Work must have involved a close working relationship with facility managers and analysis and/or coordination of administrative, clinical, or other service activities, and provided knowledge of the following: Missions, organizations, programs, and requirements of health care delivery systems; Regulations and standards of various regulatory and credentialing groups; and Government-wide, agency, and facility systems and requirements in various administrative areas such as budget, personnel, and procurement.
OR Education: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D. with a major study in hospital administration, public health administration, or related fields such as business or public administration with course work in health care administration. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the principles, practices, and applied techniques of complex healthcare delivery systems in DoD and civilian sectors.
2. Knowledge of major healthcare issues, program goals and objectives, and medical administrative procedures to plan, schedule, and conduct projects and studies to evaluate and recommend ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Laughlin AFB healthcare delivery system.
3. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative techniques for the identification, consideration and resolution of issues and/or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
4. Knowledge of and skill in both written and verbal communication.
5. Knowledge of various types of agreements, e.g., corporate contracts, personal services contracts, memorandum of understandings, and resource sharing agreements, through which medical care may be obtained to augment organizational capabilities.
6. Know ledge of pertinent laws, regulations, policies, and components of government healthcare systems, specifically DoD and CHAMPUS and their relationships to each other with respect to entitlement to care.
7. Basic knowledge of the Social Security Benefits System, Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Administration, private insurance, and nonprofit organizations in relation to health benefits and eligibility.
8. Knowledge of pertinent rules, regulations and directives pertaining to office filing systems and publications libraries. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!