The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST in Barksdale AFB, Louisiana Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST – Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 125644Start Date: 07/19/2019End Date: 08/05/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions,, Management and Program Analysis Series, 0343 SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes which includes knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean Six Sigma, benchmarking, metric/statistical analysis, and process flow charting; and knowledge of training principles, techniques, and tools required to design, develop, instruct, evaluate, improve and conduct training course content. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD), Joint Service and Air Force management engineering, organization and CPI principles, concepts, and methodologies.
2. Knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean Six Sigma, benchmarking, metric/statistical analysis, and process flow charting.
3. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques used to resolve complex problems of a broad range of functional areas related to CPI.
4. Ability and skill using PC to operate data base management systems, requirements analysis, and data manipulation and extraction techniques.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; skill in conducting interviews with employees, supervisors, and management officials at MAJCOM and HQ USAF to obtain information about organizational missions, functions, and work procedures.
6. Ability to carry out and complete assignments involving complex work with diverse and dynamic groups by gaining their cooperation with tact, courtesy, and diplomacy and moving them towards an ownership of their objective without imposing personal bias. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!