The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE) in Sheppard AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
TRAINING INSTRUCTOR (AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE) – Sheppard AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 112838Start Date: 06/19/2019End Date: 07/09/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-1712, Training Instructor series. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that demonstrates a practical knowledge of the subject area of the position and of the methods and techniques of instruction, which includes knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of instruction. Knowledge of training aids and devices used in training programs. Knowledge of instructional design and materials development for assigned courses. Knowledge of tests and measurement principles, techniques, and objectives. Knowledge of aircraft electrical and environmental systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position (GS-07).
Education: 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR a LL.B. or J.D. Education must have major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts. *For Community College of the Air Force GS-1712 positions:
All faculty members of the Community College of the Air Force must meet minimum educational requirements as prescribed by the accrediting body Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC), i.e. all teachers must hold at least an associate’s degree in order for the school to meet accreditation criteria. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of instruction. Knowledge of training aids and devices used in training programs.
2. Knowledge of instructional design and materials development for assigned courses. Knowledge of tests and measurement principles, techniques, and objectives.
3. Knowledge of computer applications.
4. Skill in written and oral communication.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel. Ability to analyze problems and develop appropriate solutions.
6. Knowledge of AGE Systems theory of operation maintenance and construction such as hydraulics, air conditioners, motor generators, engine driven generators, gas turbine compressors, electrical/electronics, air compressors, heaters, combustion diesel engines, frequency converters and self-generating nitrogen servicing carts etc. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!