The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Health And Human Services. The opening is for a Maintenance Mechanic in Multiple Locations Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Maintenance Mechanic – Multiple Locations
National Institutes of Health, Department of Health And Human Services
Job ID: 111421Start Date: 06/21/2019End Date: 06/30/2019
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed and show through experience and training that you possess the level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position. The approved job elements for this occupation are listed as follows:
(1) Ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision (Screen-out element).
(2) Technical practices (theoretical, precise, artistic).
(3) Use of measuring instruments.
(4) Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (includes blueprint reading).
(5) Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment.
(6) Knowledge of materials.
(7) Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, repair, etc. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). Volunteer work helps build competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position. Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10533558
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!