The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an IT SPECIALIST (APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE) in Sheppard AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
IT SPECIALIST (APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE) – Sheppard AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 108219Start Date: 06/11/2019End Date: 06/18/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, OPM Qualification Standard for Group Coverage Qualifications Standards for Information Technology Management (Alt A) Positions; IT Management Series for GS-2210. For more information please click here. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes working with IT application software design principles, methodologies, and approaches used in developing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining applications software that support functional requirements to include software programming logic, design, programming languages sufficient to analyze hardware and software requirements of assigned projects and to develop new or modified applications software programs. AND IT related experience which demonstrates the (four) required competencies – Attentionto detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving. Or Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorol degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a Ph.D. of equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, engineering information, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operation reserach, statistics, or technology management or a degree the provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one of more fields identified above and required development of adaptation of applications, systems or networks. NOTE: you must submit a copy of transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of software design principles methods and approaches.
2. Knowledge of system software and systems development life cycles, including systems documentation, design development, configuation management cost analysis, systems integration, and testing.
3. Knowledge of IT applications software concepts, principles, methods and practices.
4. Knowledge of SCORM and 508 requirements.
5. Knowledge of the basics of software programming languages such as HTLM, VISUAL BASIC, XML, C++, C# and development tools such as Flash and Dreamweaver.
6. Knowledge to analyze organizational application software requirements to develop supportable recommendations for enhancement, apply CASE tools, and design, weite, code, debug, test, and maintain applications.
7. Ability to communicate efefctively and clarly, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!