The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Interior. The opening is for an Archeologist in Muskogee, Oklahoma Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Archeologist – Muskogee, Oklahoma
Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Department of the Interior
Job ID: 108186Start Date: 06/10/2019End Date: 07/10/2019
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: (OPM Operating Manual, Qualification Standards for Professional and Scientific Positions; and Individual Occupational Requirements for GS-0193: Archeology Series). BASIC REQUIREMENTS: 1. Degree that included 3 semester hours each in the following course areas:· History of archeology.
· Archeology of a major geographical area such as North America or Africa.
· Regional archeology, archeological cultures, or sites in a specific part or potion of a major geographical area to acquire or develop a foundation for regional specialization for professional development.
· Theory and methods of archeology. Methods include, but are not limited to, typology, classification, sampling, cultural, evolution, diffusion, dating, and analytical techniques.
· Archeological field school, to provide a basic understanding of theoretical and practical approaches to research design implementation, field preservation techniques, and report preparation by participation in actual field work; AND
· Six semester hours of related course work in: geography, geology, or cultural geography; history, historiography, or historical archeology; environmental studies; scientific writing (nonfiction English composition); and/or surveying; AND Archeological field school. – OR – 2. Related Curriculum – – Degree in anthropology (with emphasis on ethnology, physical anthropology, or scientific linguistics), history, American studies, or a related discipline may be accepted as satisfying in full the educational requirements, provided the curriculum supplies academic course work sufficiently similar to the requirements in A.1 (including archeological field school). – OR – B. Combination of education and experience – – College-level education or training that provided knowledge equivalent to that described in A above, plus appropriate technical experience or additional education. – OR – C. Experience – – four years of archeological work experience that demonstrated a thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of professional archeology. The work experience must have included archeology field experience, which may include that gained in an archeological field school. Field experience should have included a combination of professional experience in archeology survey, excavation, laboratory analysis, and preparation of written materials. Applicants with such field experience should, after additional experience under the direction of a higher grade archeologist, be able to demonstrate the ability to be a crew chief, directing the work of others at a single location as a part of a large archeological project. ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: In addition to meeting the basic entry level qualification requirements, applicants must have the following: GS-12: I have at least 1 year of specialized experience or the equivalent, comparable to at least the GS-11 in the Federal Service (obtained in either the public or private sector). Specialized experience includes planning and carrying out the Bureau’s cultural resources management and NEPA programs; archeology field experience with a combination of archeological survey, excavation, laboratory analysis, and preparation of written materials; fulfill and execute the Federal government’s legal responsibilities related to cultural resources used by the tribes for sustenance, cultural enrichment and economic development and support; promote the conservation, development and wise use of these resources for the maximum benefit of Indian people. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Merit Promotion candidates must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the announcement closing date.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!