The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PLUMBER in Offutt AFB, Nebraska Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PLUMBER – Offutt AFB, Nebraska
Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 92802Start Date: 05/07/2019End Date: 05/21/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-4200 Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Group. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of a Plumber without more than normal supervision. Physical Effort: The plumber makes repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms, and where the parts of systems worked on are in hard-to-reach places. This requires the employee to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, climb, and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. The plumber frequently lifts, carries, and sets up parts and equipment that weigh up to 40 pounds unassisted and over 40 pounds with assistance. Working Conditions: The work is done inside and outside and is usually dirty, dusty, and greasy. The plumber is sometimes required to make repairs and installations outside in bad weather. Occasionally makes repairs in areas where bad smelling fumes are present. The plumber has occasional exposure to the possibility of broken bones and frequent exposure to the possibility of scrapes, burns, and infections. May be required to wear safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, and hard hats and
other personal protective equipment. JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, operation, and repair, to include routing, placement, slant, slope, and
fall of systems; and of technical practices in order to plan, lay out, install, modify, troubleshoot, and repair various systems and equipment.
2. Knowledge of safety regulations, procedures, and practices.
3. Skill in installing, modifying, and repairing new and existing utility, supply, and disposal systems and equipment without
more than normal supervision.
4. Skill in using and maintaining tools and equipment such as rules, levels, plumb bobs, dividers, various gauges and
meters, various drain cleaning devices, hydrostatic pumps, and torches.
5. Skill in troubleshooting difficult or hard-to-detect leaks and operating problems.
6. Ability to use shop mathematics, take measurements, and lay out angles, arcs, and circles. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!