The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a RECREATION AID (LIFEGUARD) in Minot AFB, North Dakota Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
RECREATION AID (LIFEGUARD) – Minot AFB, North Dakota
U.S. Air Force – Agency Wide, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 88518Start Date: 04/29/2019End Date: 05/06/2019
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Six months of general experience equivalent to the GS-02 level. Example of general experience is (1) any type of work that demonstrates the applicant’s ability to perform the work of the position, or (2) experience that provided a familiarity with the subject matter or processes of the broad subject area of the occupation. OR EDUCATION: Successful completion of one year above high school. IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS ABOVE APPLICANTS MUST ALSO MEET THE CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW: Applicants must submit the following certificates at the time of application (a) a current and valid nationally recognized lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills and procedures and (b) a current and valid nationally recognized basic first aid certification (c) a current and valid nationally recognized CPR certification which includes adult, child and infant procedures. FAILURE TO SUBMIT THESE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a variety of lifesaving, first aid, CPR, water safety instruction, and associated techniques and procedures as would be acquired through previous experience.
2. Knowledge of a variety of swimming facility rules, work procedures, equipment, and materials to perform standing, recurring tasks, and special tasks such as providing swimming lessons under specific instructions from the supervisor.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, orally.
4. Demonstrated current physical ability to swim to and rescue swimmers of all age groups up to and including adult and to administer CPR to adults, children, and infants. Other significant facts pertaining to this position are: 1. Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized lifeguard certification covering lifesaving and water rescue methods, skills, and procedures. Lifeguards on coastal beaches must also have surf-rescue training specified in AFI 34-110.
2. Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized water safety instructor certification.
3. Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized basic first aid certification.
4. Must possess a current and valid nationally recognized CPR certification which includes adult, child, and infant procedures.
5. Position requires pre-employment screening for swimming ability, rescue skills, and CPR skills.
6. Participation in required in-service training and maintenance of physical capabilities to perform rescues throughout the period of employment are conditions of employment for this position. All certifications must remain current during the period of employment.
7. If position is identified as having “regular contact with children” (e.g., youth swim lessons instructor) in accordance with public law, a criminal background check must be completed.
8. Some physical exertion required in effecting a swimming rescue. Must be able to lift and carry 45 pounds and over. Much of the time is spent sitting, standing, or walking; however, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or reaching is required. A physical may be required.
9. May be required to work other than normal duty hours which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
10. May provide advice and guidance (e.g., orientation, lesson plans, etc.) to lower grade lifeguards. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at [email protected]. All are free to apply!
Post a job on LemonWire. Email [email protected].
Want to advertise on listings like this? Email [email protected].
Leave a Reply