The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a MILITARY PAY TECHNICIAN in Ramstein, Germany Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
MILITARY PAY TECHNICIAN – Ramstein, Germany
U.S. Air Forces, Europe, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 79268Start Date: 04/11/2019End Date: 04/17/2019
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-05, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes in-depth knowledge of current and prior pay procedures, regulations, laws, and applicable general decisions to resolve complicated pay problems and/or to determine and process a full range of pay transactions and reconstruct pay records; knowledge and understanding of the automated pay system’s internal processing methods, interrelationships between pay system files. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a large body of rules, regulations, laws, and procedures for one or more military pay specializations; the data system(s) used to support military pay actions; and federal debt collection rules and regulations.
2. Skill in performing arithmetic computations to compute military pay
3. Ability to interpret/apply regulations and procedures related to military pay
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing
5. Ability to operate a calculator
6. Ability to use a keyboard; a qualified typist is not required PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!