The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Labor. The opening is for a Deputy Director, Claims Administration, Policy, Hearings, & Technical Assistance in Washington, District of Columbia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Deputy Director, Claims Administration, Policy, Hearings, & Technical Assistance – Washington, District of Columbia
Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, Department of Labor
Job ID: 68446Start Date: 03/18/2019End Date: 04/16/2019
To qualify for this position, all applicants must write a narrative in the spaces provided detailing accomplishments that would satisfy each of the ECQs and MTQs. You must address each ECQ and MTQ separately. If you fail to do so, your application will be rated ineligible.
In writing your responses to the ECQs, your narrative must address each ECQ separately in the spaces provided. Each ECQ should contain at least two examples describing your experiences and accomplishments/results.
Responses to ECQ’s must not exceed 10 pages. It is recommended that applicants draft their ECQs in a Word document first, then cut and paste into the spaces provided following each ECQ to ensure length requirements. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the following link: www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/reference-materials/guidetosesquals_2010.pdf
MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):1. Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.MANDATORY TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (MTQs): In writing your narrative responses to the MTQs, please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled, etc. APPLICANTS SHOULD LIMIT THEIR RESPONSES TO ONE (1) SINGLE SPACED PAGE PER EACH MTQ WITH THE FONT SIZE NO SMALLER THAN POINT 12. It is recommended that applicants draft their MTQs in a Word document first, then cut and paste into the spaces provided following each MTQ to ensure length requirement.
1. Extensive knowledge of the Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs and its laws and regulations as administered by the Division of Federal Employees’ Compensation. Specifically, demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience related to the administration of claims under the Federal Employees’ Compensation Act and/or the War Hazards Compensation Act, required to develop new or revise existing policies and administrative procedures. 2. Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and/or enforcing administrative practices and procedures associated with medical, rehabilitation, and social insurance programs, as well as pharmaceutical dispensing/control programs.
3. Skill in successfully managing an organization’s human resources, operating budget, and competing program priorities to meet operational goals and objectives. Applicants must demonstrate experience in effectively assessing an organization’s needs and making adjustments to program emphasis when necessary to ensure program efficiency.
4. Ability to collaborate with key government, private industry, and congressional personnel/officials across industry lines in order to effectively develop and communicate program policies and requirements and to serve as a spokesperson for the organization in a variety of professional settings (i.e., external agencies, congressional hearings, and private industry conferences, etc.).
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!