The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SECRETARY (OFFICE AUTOMATION) in Altus AFB, Oklahoma Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SECRETARY (OFFICE AUTOMATION) – Altus AFB, Oklahoma
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 63336Start Date: 03/15/2019End Date: 03/21/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-CLER SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the (GS-05) grade level in the Federal service which includes skill of a qualified typist is required; knowledge of forms, typing policies and technical report formats used in the unit for which work is done, knowledge of spelling, punctuation, syntax, and required formats; Establishing and monitoring suspense dates; Proof reading correspondence and documents; Answering substantive nontechnical requests for information; Locating and selecting appropriate references and procedures; Informing supervisor of conflicts, rescheduling appointment, Independently notes and follows up in commitments. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-06 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of extensive rules, procedures, or operations applied to secretarial and clerical assignments to perform the procedural and administrative work of the office, such as preparing and editing documents, locating and assembling information for various reports, maintaining files/records, and making and preparing travel arrangements.
2. Knowledge of office functions to screen telephone calls and visitors, maintain supervisor’s calendar, prepare and review correspondence, and perform other substantive or administrative work of the organization.
3. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
4. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents such as letters, reports, spreadsheets, databases, and graphs.
5. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required.
6. Ability to locate, assemble, and compose information for reports, inquiries, and nontechnical correspondence.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
8. Ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!