The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for an Advanced Medical Support Assistant in Battle Creek, Michigan Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Advanced Medical Support Assistant – Battle Creek, Michigan
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 65254Start Date: 03/14/2019End Date: 03/22/2019
– U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy
– Experience. Six months’ experience of clerical, office or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position; OR, Education. One year above high school; OR, Experience/Education Combination. Equivalent combination of experience and education are qualifying for entry level for which both education and experience are acceptable.
– English Language Proficiency. Grade Determinations:
GS-6 Advanced Medical Support Assistant
Experience. One year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-5). Experience at the GS-5 includes but is not limited to: scheduling, cancelling, rescheduling patients appointment and/or monitoring both inpatient and outpatient appointments for areas of responsibility, ensuring encounter forms are completed in order to obtain appropriate workload credit, verifying and updating demographics and insurance information, processing all emergency and non-emergency transfers to other VA facilities or private hospitals, performing basic eligibility, co-pays and pre-authorization requirements for specific coverage, etc. Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs). Candidates must demonstrate the KSAs below:
1. Ability to collaborate, communicate, set priorities, and organize the work in order to meet deadlines, ensuring compliance with established processes, policies and regulations.
2. Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, in order to meet program objectives. This may include preparing reports in various formats and presenting data to various organizational levels.
3. Advanced knowledge of the technical health care process as it relates to access to care.
4. Advanced knowledge of managing a clinic. This includes independently utilizing reference sources, decision making, and empowering the team to collaborate and resolve problems within a complex systems environment.
5. Advanced knowledge of policies and procedures associated with operational activities that affect the patient flow, patient care and revenue process.
6. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology due to the technical nature of language utilized by clinicians. References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix 45. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending and carrying light items such as papers and books. No special physical demands are required.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!