The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a SUPERVISORY TRAINING INSTRUCTOR in Randolph AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
SUPERVISORY TRAINING INSTRUCTOR – Randolph AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 57099Start Date: 03/01/2019End Date: 03/07/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, to include the Individual Occupational Requirements (IOR) for the GS-1712, Training Instruction Series. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience that demonstrates a practical knowledge of the subject area of the position and of the methods and techniques of instruction, which includes possessing the knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques of instruction. Knowledge of security, safety, and environmental requirements. Ability to plan, organizes, and directs the functions and staff of an organization. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of training aids, devices and technology used in training programs. Specialized knowledge of instructional methods. Knowledge of instructional design and materials development for assigned courses. Knowledge of tests and measurement principles, techniques, and objectives. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position (GS-09).
Education: PhD or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M. Education must have a major study in education or a subject area related to the position to be filled.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position. *All Community College of the Air Force faculty members must meet minimum educational requirements as prescribed by the accrediting body Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC), i.e. all teachers must hold at least an associate’s degree for the school to meet accreditation criteria. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of a wide range of the principles and practical methods, techniques, and tools of instruction to teach a variety of students with a range of differences such as diverse ages, backgrounds, and levels of interest.
2. Knowledge of (Remotely Piloted Aircraft operations to include Aircrew Fundamentals, Crew Resource Management (CRM), Aviation Safety/AF Occupational Safety and Health (AFOSH) Program, RPA Platforms, Types of Sensors, Geospatial Reference Systems, Communications, RPA Crew duties, Full Motion Video (FMV) & Heads Up Displays (HUD), Joint Operations/Theater Operations and Threat Systems.) at a practical level to include (physiological/physiological factors, lifecycle employment, crew integration, joint/coalition operations).
3. Knowledge of Air Force technical training administration, policies and procedures to achieve the goals and objectives of the organization.
4. Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulation, practices, and procedures.
5. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff of a small to medium sized organization.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and establish and maintain effective working relationships. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!