The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a DENTAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN in Nellis AFB, Nevada Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
DENTAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – Nellis AFB, Nevada
Air Combat Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 53539Start Date: 02/18/2019End Date: 03/01/2019
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-08, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes skill of a qualified dental laboratory ceramist is required; use of dental laboratory material such as impression materials, plasters, stones, hydrocolloids, waxes, metals, acrylics, porcelain, and similar materials; use of laboratory equipment such as hand tools, dental lathes, engines, and hand pieces, furnaces, casting machines, presses, flasks, and related equipment; use of precision instruments such as articulators, surveyors, and micro-analyzers; construction of dental prosthetic appliances; knowledge of standard infection control procedures and universal precaution protocol. (NOTE: This same experience must be well-described in the application/resume that you complete and submit in addition to answering this questionnaire.) OR
EDUCATION: Successful completed two full years of graduate education of a master’s degree that is directly related to this position. This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, technical school, junior college, college or university, approved by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Have a combination of experience and education (education must include courses directly related to the work of the position and must have been obtained in an accredited business, technical school, junior college, college or university, approved by the Council on Dental Education of the American Dental Association). NOTE: You must submit a copy of official transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-08 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of dental laboratory materials, tools, and equipment to complete complex fixed and removable prostheses with close tolerances.
2. Knowledge of oral anatomy, tooth morphology, and dentition.
3. Knowledge of dental prosthetic appliances.
4. Skill in using dental laboratory tools and equipment.
5. Ability to fabricate very complex dental appliances including crowns and dentures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!