The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Defense. The opening is for an IT Software Developer in Saint Louis, Missouri Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
IT Software Developer – Saint Louis, Missouri
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Department of Defense
Job ID: 52556Start Date: 02/04/2019End Date: 05/04/2019
The Information Technology Career Service (ITCS) focuses exclusively on the needs of information technology professionals throughout the Office of the Chief Information Officer and the Technology Services Directorate (CIO-T), Source Directorate, and wherever else these professionals serve. The ITCS seeks to attract, retain, and develop the highly skilled and diverse workforce necessary to achieve current and future business and operational requirements supporting the agency’s dynamic and evolving missions. It is the cornerstone of the agency’s workforce strategy for planning, developing, and managing the careers of information technology professionals throughout the agency in accordance with fair and consistent human resources processes and practices. NGA seeks proactive entry level IT Software Developers to help support Agency wide software development efforts. Identifies and analyzes design tradeoffs, and develops recommendations or adapts existing software to meet requirements. Responsibilities may include:
1. Generates ideas for designing and adapting software to meet evolving customer needs and recommends suggested approach.
2. Evaluates system design requirements to determine their impact on the development process.
3. Implements updates to existing software applications to meet new requirements.
4. Develops software code, applications, and scripts for application and testing.
5. Troubleshoots software-related problems in systems; identifies issues and recommends solutions. COMPETENCIES:
2) Demonstrated knowledge of database technologies (eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle DB, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Aurora).
3. Experience (professional, academic, etc.) in the following: * GitLab source control and Jenkins build tools * Geographic/Spatial Information Systems * Agile software development environment
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!