The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT (PERSONAL PROPERTY/INSPECTOR) in Kelly AFB, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT (PERSONAL PROPERTY/INSPECTOR) – Kelly AFB, Texas
Air Education and Training Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 50543Start Date: 02/13/2019End Date: 02/20/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-06, (or higher) grade level or equivalent in other pay systems (may have been obtained in the military, public or private sectors). This experience includes using the concepts, principles, procedures, regulations, laws, and instructions applicable to logistics, preparing and/or executing programs, policies, procedures, and activities for logistics and providing supervisor technical assistance to assist in making decisions related to Transportation Assistant duties. Knowledge of established personal property regulatory guidance governing the movement of household goods, unaccompanied baggage, and mobile homes. Knowledge of Air Force correspondence formats, organization of DOD transportation facilities and terminology needed to communicate with DOD employees, service member, federal agencies regarding transportation procedures. Knowledge of reweigh procedures and requirements to monitor inbound personal property shipments. Knowledge of Direct Procurement Method and Basic Ordering Agreement contractual requirements. OR
EDUCATION: I have successfully completed at least one (1) full year of graduate level education which is directly related to the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your official transcripts with your application. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: I have a combination of specialized experience and education as described above. Therefore, I have a combination of experience and education to meet the qualifications of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of your official transcripts with your application. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-06 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-07 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Ability to physically observe, document, and evaluate carrier/agent/contractor facilities, equipment, and performance in the movement and storage of personal property for Department of Defense (DoD) civilian employees,/military members, Coast Guard and dependents.
2. Knowledge with the terms and conditions of service contracts and other DoD regulatory guidelines applicable to the movement of personal property.
3. Ability to ensure compliance with on-site inspections of carrier facilities, equipment, and functions within the metropolitan San Antonio Area.
4. Ability to inspect the packing and crating services for all inbound and outbound personal property shipments, including mobile homes.
5. Ability to resolve differences that may arise between DoD employees/service members and carriers.
6. Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in arbitrating differences between members and carriers.
7. Skill on use of a camera to record shipment violations when required.
8. Ability to input data from keyboard (qualified typist not required).
9. Ability to perform senior technician duties and responsibilities.
10. Knowledge of basic work processing functions for MS word, Excel, Delina Form flow, Windows and message traffic software. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!