The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an ENGINEERING EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (ROAD CONSTR WRKR) in Andrews AFB, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
ENGINEERING EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (ROAD CONSTR WRKR) – Andrews AFB, Maryland
Air Force District of Washington, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 50567Start Date: 02/13/2019End Date: 02/20/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C for the WG-5700 Transportation/Mobile Equipment Operation Family. Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time. The screen out element for this position is the ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision. JOB ELEMENTS: Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of engineering equipment such as graders, tractors with bulldozer or angle dozer blades, front-end loaders, backhoes, and trench diggers; and the different sets of controls or operation of the equipment and attachments.
2. Knowledge of methods and techniques of subsurface preparation and constructing and repairing asphalt and cement surfaces.
3. Skill in applying and leveling gravel, crushed stone, sand, or other aggregates to the proper thickness for the subsurface; applying sealer; shaping curbs and drainage ditches; curing asphalt with sealer; and manipulating the controls to adjust spreaders, sprayers, post hole diggers, backhoes, moveable dozer blades, and front-end loading devices.
4. Ability to read and interpret instructions, specification, blueprints, drawings,sketches, tools and parts catalogs. the use tools/equipment; store various items; set up and maintain a neat, well organized, and secure storage area; receive, store, issue, and inventory parts, tools, and/or equipment; and maintain records using automated and/or mechanized systems without more than normal supervision.
5. Ability to inspect tools, parts, and equipment for visible damage and make determinations as to feasibility of repair, suggest substitution of parts/tools when they are damaged beyond repair; determine causes of overages/shortages; determine need for calibration of tools; identify items by general descriptions from shop personnel, and setup and/or shift storage locations.
6. Knowledge of the policies, practices, and procedures for dispatching or scheduling motor vehicles and maintaining related documentation, safety regulations, practices, and procedures. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!
Post a job on LemonWire. Email email@example.com.
Want to advertise on listings like this? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply