The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an AIR TERMINAL SHIFT MANAGER in Dover, Delaware Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
AIR TERMINAL SHIFT MANAGER – Dover, Delaware
Air Mobility Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 46683Start Date: 02/04/2019End Date: 02/15/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Standards the Transportation Operation Series, 2150, and the Group Coverage for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-09, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes directing daily activities of the Air Terminal complex involving Air Freight, Aircraft, Fleet and Passenger Services; practical knowledge of Air Transportation and Traffic Management concepts, policies, principles, and methodology to plan and manage an Aerial Port of Embarkation/Debarkation; thorough knowledge of cargo, mail, and passenger eligibility requirements, priority procedures, handling of dangerous and prohibited cargo, revenue traffic, and classification for commercial shipment; skill in applying knowledge to plan and complete a variety of tasks that ensure efficient and expedient movement of high-priority traffic in both military strategic and contingency conditions and the commercial transportation community. OR
EDUCATION: Successful completion of 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or LL.M. Education must have major field of study in accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, marine affairs, marine engineering, marine transportation, or other fields related to the position. NOTE: You must submit copies of your official transcripts. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Have less than the full amount of specialized experience described above; however, and have completed some education as described above. NOTE: You must submit copies of your official transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-10 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the Department of Defense Transportation System and AMC aerial port functions.
2. Knowledge of transport aircraft and related load characteristics.
3. Knowledge of hazardous and/or explosive cargo movement procedures and compatibility.
4. Knowledge of various automated operating systems and ability to use a Personal Computer (PC).
5. Ability to read, comprehend and use Air Force Instructions, DOD/DOT regulations/instructions, and other publications.
6. Ability to recognize and deter events that can lead to aircraft departure delays and/or safety incidents and prevent them. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!