The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION SPEC (SYSTEMS) in Ramstein, Germany Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION SPEC (SYSTEMS) – Ramstein, Germany
U.S. Air Forces, Europe, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 42432Start Date: 01/29/2019End Date: 02/04/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes knowledge of a wide range of concepts, principles, and practices of financial systems and budgeting sufficient to carry out difficult and complex work assignments. Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to improve organizational efficiency/productivity; develops new or modified work methods, processes or procedures. Knowledge of the major programs, mission and functions of the organization. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of financial systems design and programming techniques, operating systems software and hardware,
and database concepts.
2. Knowledge of financial systems functions and missions.
3. Knowledge of budgetary procedures and financial management methods, practices, and techniques.
4. Skill in defining future financial systems requirements.
5. Ability to troubleshoot, research, and analyze solutions to financial systems problems. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!