The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a PROGRAM ANALYST in Edwards AFB, California Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
PROGRAM ANALYST – Edwards AFB, California
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 35504Start Date: 01/18/2019End Date: 01/25/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the general experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level close to the work of this position that has given you the particular knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform. Typically, we would find this experience in work within a field that is closely related. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11), pay band (NH-02) or equivalent. Specialized experience is described as well-developed skills in a wide range of management and program analyst concepts, principles and practices as they apply to organization operations, systems and resources and ability to apply this knowledge to difficult and complex work assignments. Applies analytical skills to the programming process for programs and resources and facilitates full range of planning processes, improvement initiatives, capabilities-bases resource allocation and financial execution activities. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Ability to organize and direct activities and programs. This includes skills in managing and leading the efforts of a multi-disciplined, cross-functional professional team, negotiating effectively with others to create solutions, coordinate with affected leadership and implement recommendations.
2. Knowledge of 412th Test Wing, AFTC and AFMC management and administrative regulations, policies, procedures and business process re-engineering methodologies along with associated program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions related to actual events, and the relationship of the various command entities involved in overall program planning and execution of military operations and evaluations.
3. Knowledge of Test and Evaluation customer requirements, methods of test and evaluation, and Test and Evaluation business management activities to precisely articulate resource requirements and develop resource allocation/reallocation recommendations.
4. Knowledge of the financial, budgetary, maintenance and operational plans, policies, and programs of the organization to forecast budgets for installation programs and systems and the probable effects of changes in current and future year funding requirements.
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to gain cooperation from others through tact, courtesy, and diplomacy. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at [email protected]. All are free to apply!