The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 35574Start Date: 01/18/2019End Date: 01/25/2019
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-13, or equivalent in other pay systems. Specialized experience includes using the knowledge of concepts, principles, procedures, regulations, laws, and instructions applicable to the Logistics; providing technical assistance to supervisor regarding duties; and preparing programs, policies, and activities regarding logistics. QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, listed under Administrative and Management Positions. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. Due to the use of 90 day rosters, applicants within 90 days of completion of the TIG requirement are encouraged to apply KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: 1. Knowledge of the policies, practices, regulations, and laws concerning the life cycle logistics management process and initiatives.
2. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
5. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
6. Knowledge of the missions, roles, functions, organizational structures, and operation of the DoD, Air Force, and organizations that govern, interface with, and/or influence logistics sustainment.
7. Skill to plan, organize, and direct the functions and staff in critical aspects of logistics sustainment. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!