The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Hill AFB, Utah Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – Hill AFB, Utah
Air Force Materiel Command, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 35542Start Date: 01/18/2019End Date: 01/25/2019
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-11, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes directing, developing, or performing logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified mission, weapons system, or other designated program. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-11 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-12 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy.
2. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with individuals and groups within the office as well as outside the immediate work unit.
3. Ability to plan, organize, manage critical aspects of research, development, production, and support of subsystems or equipment, and integrate, analyze, and manage a variety or acquisition functions and personnel in support of the process.
4. Ability to use office automation tools and techniques to design and generate reports, briefing materials, and/or comparable documents.
5. Broad knowledge of logistics management principles, concepts, policies, and regulations. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!