The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a DIRECTOR OF STAFF in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
DIRECTOR OF STAFF – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
U.S. Air Forces, Europe, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 35423Start Date: 01/14/2019End Date: 01/21/2019
OPM Qualification Standards: Miscellaneous Administration and Program Series, 0301 and Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Administrative and Management Positions SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-13, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes responsible for the management of day-to-day operations of an organization and provide direction and counseling to subordinates and subordinate supervisors (i.e., plan and carry out the assignment, resolving the conflicts that arise, coordinating the work with staff and other functionals and interpreting policy in terms of established objectives; carry out assignments with a view to developing efficiency and effectiveness within the unit, etc.) FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-13 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-14 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Extensive knowledge of the mission, roles, functions, organizational structure, management, and operation of large organizations to provide high level staff guidance and participate in the development of goals, objectives, and policies.
2. Knowledge of the relationships between HQ USCENTCOM and various U.S. Government agencies and departments, including the DoD, DoS, and their subordinate agencies and commands.
3. Knowledge of a wide range of manpower, personnel (civilian and military) and practical knowledge of education, readiness, budget execution concepts, principles, operations, and practices.
4. Knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures related to developing, planning, budgeting, and coordinating activities, programs, facility programming, contracting, and customer interests and needs.
5. Ability to negotiate complex issues with high-ranking military officers and high-ranking civilians while maintaining effective working relationships.
6. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and apprise the staff of an organization directly and through subordinate supervisors. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!