The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Staff Dentist in San Antonio, Texas Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Staff Dentist – San Antonio, Texas
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 32983Start Date: 06/01/2018End Date: 05/31/2019
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Degree of doctor of dental surgery or dental medicine resulting from a course of education in dentistry. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice dentistry in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia. The dentist must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure. Completion of an approved residency program in general practice or specialty, or comparable experience as a dentist actively involved in treating medically compromised patients. Proficiency in spoken and written English. Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience:
1. Degree of doctor of dental medicine or doctor of dental surgery or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in dentistry.
2. Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
3. Experience managing medically complex patients.
4. Experience in using the VA computerized record system (CPRS), Dental Record Manager + and MiPACS 1xray software.
5. Experience teaching clinical endodontics, periodontics, prosthodontics, restorative, and oral surgery to dental residents. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: The requirement for this position includes light lifting (under 15 pounds), light carrying (under 15 pounds), use of fingers, both hands required, specific visual requirement (DVA & NVA binocular 20/20), Hearing (aid permitted), working closely with others.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!