The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Arlington, Virginia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – Arlington, Virginia
Air National Guard, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 30752Start Date: 01/07/2019End Date: 01/18/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes the ability to design and conduct comprehensive studies and prepare solutions to especially broad, important, and severe military operational and contingency areas, organize work, meet deadlines and lead others in studies or projects and to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, knowledge of acquisition and management process to provide support to short and long-range plans such as war, mobilization, exercise, deployment, and similar operations. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. MILITARY SPOUSE PREFERENCE: Click here for specific program requirements. To request MSP hiring preference, you must submit the follow documents:
. Statement requesting MSP; and
. Copy of military sponsor’s PCS orders KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of command level plans and programs through knowledge of the agency’s planning, acquisition, and management process to provide support to short and long-range plans such as war, mobilization, exercise, deployment, and similar operations planning efforts.
2. Knowledge of agency program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key operational events and the relationship of the various command entities involved in overall program planning and execution of military operations and evaluations.
3. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools used to assist in risk identification, assessment, and mitigation including assessing the probability and consequences of potential problems.
4. Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies and preparing solutions to especially broad, important, and severe military operational and contingency areas.
5. Ability to plan, organize work, meet deadlines and lead others in studies or projects and to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; to negotiate complex issues and maintain good working relationships. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!