The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Andrews AFB, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – Andrews AFB, Maryland
Air Force District of Washington, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 30046Start Date: 01/08/2019End Date: 01/14/2019
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions, for the GS-0501 Financial Administration and Program Series. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: GS-11: One year of specialized experience which includes the ability to process accounting and budget transactions. Responsible for monitoring all operations in the account and finance office, providing technical assistance and guidance to management officials and technicians engaged in different financial functions and maintaining, controlling and reporting financial information. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the GS-09 grade/level position or equivalent in the federal service. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
LL.M., if related. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. Have less than the full amount of specialized experience required but I have more than 2 years of graduate level education with a major or subject area related to the position to be filled. Therefore, I have a combination of experience and education. NOTE: You must submit a copy of transcripts. FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-09 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-11 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1.Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify, and execute assigned WCF and O&M budgets in support of the mission, structure, goals, work processes, and programs of assigned organization(s).
2. Knowledge of missions, functions, goals, objectives, work processes, and sources of funding pertinent to installation’s programs/organizations.
3. Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze data to prepare WCF and O&M budget estimates, develop alternatives, and make recommendations to resolve budget/funding problems.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to justify, defend, present, and/or advise on budgetary processes/actions. Skill in the use of computerized O&M financial management and stock fund (WCF) management systems.
5. Broad knowledge of O&M financial management systems, programs, procedures and work methods and stock fund (WCF) operations and their interface with budgetary accounting and finance systems.
6. Skill in applying specialized methods and technics to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of supply program and/or operations and organization’s operations and maintenance budget. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!