The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of Veterans Affairs. The opening is for a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Computerized Tomography) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (Computerized Tomography) – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs
Job ID: 29237Start Date: 01/05/2019End Date: 01/25/2019
– Citizenship: Citizen of the United States.
– Certification: All applicants must be certified in general radiologic technology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) (R).
– Advanced ARRT certification is required for Computed Tomography (CT). Advanced certification indicates that the technologist has demonstrated specific clinical competency in the appropriate specialty and taken and passed the designated examination. (COPY OF CERTIFICATION REQUIRED)
– Education: Completion of a full-time training course of at least 24 months duration (or the equivalent) in a post-high school diagnostic radiologic technology program, evidenced by a certificate or an associate’s degree, accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) or from schools accredited by the ARRT and certification by the ARRT in radiology. (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED) GS-9 GRADE REQUIREMENTS:
Must have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-8) directly related to the position being filled that demonstrates the clinical competencies described at that level. Employees at this level are fully functional as an advanced DRT and are able to carry out their assigned tasks independently. DRTs at this level may have varying assignments including special and complex radiographic procedures. Examples of specialized experience are: Knowledge of cross sectional human anatomy and its application in spiral and multi-slice computer tomography, inclusive of 3-D reconstruction scans, including drainages, biopsies, and peripheral vascular examinations. Specific knowledge and training in the location, appearance, and function of the various major and minor systems susceptible to radiological illumination; to interpret the examination request accurately; to understand the functioning and inter-relationship of the various organs. Knowledge and skill to assist radiologists in the performance of CT guided biopsy/drainage exams utilizing surgical sterile techniques. GS-9 Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
In addition to the experience above, you must demonstrate the following technical GS-9 Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Ability to balance the needs of the patients and staff while still performing complex scans and procedures.
– Skill to demonstrate appropriate techniques to gather relevant information from the medical record, significant others, and health care providers.
– Ability to assess factors that may contraindicate the procedure.
– Knowledge of basic first aid and basic life support practices related to radiography.
– Knowledge of physical assessment, aseptic techniques, intravenous skills, and universal precautions.
– Knowledgeable in pre-procedural, procedural, and post-procedural care of patients. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The employee works and functions in the medical center in a safe manner, including infection control and the correct operation of equipment. The incumbent for this position may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program, depending on the type of employment, schedule, amount/type of qualifying debt, and funding availability. The employee will begin to receive the benefit upon acceptance into the program – not backdated to the date employment begins. Please contact VHAMIWEDRP@va.gov for more information.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!