The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST in Andrews AFB, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST – Andrews AFB, Maryland
Air Force District of Washington, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 21876Start Date: 12/05/2018End Date: 12/11/2018
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience is defined as expert knowledge of a wide range of analytical/investigative techniques and qualitative/quantitative methods to conduct comprehensive studies and make recommendations on substantive operating program and policies; performs inspections, repairs, overhauls and logistics and performs surveillance methods and techniques used to inspect aircraft maintenance. https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of aircraft maintenance functions to include inspection, repair, overhaul and logistics.
2. Knowledge of a variety of surveillance methods and techniques used to inspect work of the contractor for adherence to the contract regarding aircraft maintenance.
3. Knowledge of a wide range of analytical/investigative techniques and qualitative/quantitative methods to conduct comprehensive studies and make recommendations on substantive operating programs and policies.
4. Knowledge of operating programs throughout group to analyze, plan and adjust work operations of several organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives with available resources.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration regulations and policy for aircraft maintenance and supply policies, procedures, techniques, and equipment.
7. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices and procedures. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at email@example.com. All are free to apply!