The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Army. The opening is for a CYS Functional Technology Specialist NF- 04 in Fort Belvoir, Virginia Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
CYS Functional Technology Specialist NF- 04 – Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Army Installation Management Command, Department of the Army
Job ID: 20240Start Date: 11/30/2018End Date: 12/05/2018
Substantial college coursework or professional certificates from trade school(s) or demonstrated competence in computer science, information technology or related field.
Successful completion of a 4-year college or university with coursework in computer science, information technology or a closely related field highly desirable. In addition, candidate must possess: 1. Knowledge of child and youth programs, education/recreation programs for youth, or a combination of knowledge in all fields related to child/youth development or related field.
2. Knowledge/demonstrated skill in working with Microsoft Windows and Windows applications; Intranet/Internet database applications; email administration, web page design/development, and server administration; setting up network printers and other peripherals.
3. Ability to trouble shoot hardware, printers, LAN equipment, scanner, server, and software and swap/replace/upgrade equipment.
4. Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and propose solutions. CANDIDATES WILL BE RANKED AGAINST THE HIGHLY QUALIFIED CRITERIA. ONLY THE MOST HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE INITIALLY REFERRED. IF MANAGEMENT DOES NOT SELECT A HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE, THEY MAY REQUEST AN ADDITIONAL REFERRAL LIST. HIGHLY QUALIFIED CRITERIA FOR THIS POSITION ARE: 1. Demonstrated knowledge/experience of child and youth programs, education/recreation programs for youth or combination of knowledge in fields related to child/youth development and child/youth administration (i.e. Boys and Girls Clubs of America, 4-H, KinderCare, etc).
2. Experience providing business applications and technology support to child and youth programs.
3. Experience in providing formal and informal education technology programming for children and youth.
4. Experience in developing and providing IT/Technological training to adults at varying levels of proficiency.
5. Experience in the use of business software utilized for childcare operations, such as Child & Youth Management System (CYMS), Child & Youth Enterprise Reporting Tool (CYERT) and CYS Annual Reports. To be evaluated as a highly preferred candidate, your resume MUST clearly reflect ALL knowledge and experience listed under the highly qualified criteria above.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!