The United States government is a massive employer, and is always looking for qualified candidates to fill a wide variety of open employment positions in locations across the country. Below you’ll find a Qualification Summary for an active, open job listing from the Department of the Air Force. The opening is for an ATTORNEY-ADVISER (GENERAL) in Andrews AFB, Maryland Feel free to browse this and any other job listings and reach out to us with any questions!
ATTORNEY-ADVISER (GENERAL) – Andrews AFB, Maryland
Air Force District of Washington, Department of the Air Force
Job ID: 6903Start Date: 10/04/2018End Date: 10/11/2018
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, for the GS-0905, General Attorney Series GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: You MUST have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD). In addition, at the time of application, you must provide proof, dated within four months of application, of “active” status with a bar of the highest court of a State, U.S. commonwealth, U.S. territory, or the District of Columbia. On-line information is allowed as long as it shows that you are in “active” status. In addition, the attorney shall have professional legal experience in excess of two years that is commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Expert professional knowledge of contract law and civil law as it relates to a broad range of issues in areas such as acquisitions, labor, environmental, administrative, international, and operations law issues within the Department of Defense, including related legal concepts, principles, precedents, and practices in order to provide Major Command/DRU level legal advice, prepare legal opinions and reviews, and represent the United States Air Force.
2. Practical knowledge of business, industrial management, contracting procedures, technical concepts, and production practices to evaluate contractor proposals and activities.
3. Knowledge of the missions, roles, functions, organizational structures, and operations of the Department of Defense, Air Force, and other entities that govern, interface with, and/or influence the systems acquisition process and integrated life cycle management; and defense military operations policy issues.
4. Skill to perform legal research, analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions; plan and organize work and coordinate with other management officials.
5. Advanced skill to communicate both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work assignments for multiple projects to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
6. Ability to advise on or prepare cases for trial and/or try cases before a court, administrative body, or an official having quasi-judicial power. PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week. VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you’d like to submit a resume or apply for this position, please contact Premier Veterans at firstname.lastname@example.org. All are free to apply!